Monday, July 14, 2008

One down 2 to go

Hey Friends, just a quick update.
Remember the one we needed to close with agreement from the first mortgage holder and an expired one from the second? Well it all cam trough. The bank gave us until the 28th to close.
Now I am chasing the title company and the buyer so that they can get their act together.
The one that needs to close tomorrow is still No Go. I called the buyer's agent and asked for an extension. Meanwhile I chase this second mortgage holder for an answer.
Then the other one that needs to close on the 17th. I've sent him all he needs. Still think they can't pull this one of in 2 days.
On the marketing side all goes well, we are getting more than 800 letters out this week, talking about how we can help people. Let's hope some of them listen :-)
Also marketing of our next weekend sale goes on schedule, tomorrow John takes pictures and prepares the video tour so check that one out on
Today a lady called she's upside down on all her properties, three months behind in payments on two of them. I think we can help by negotiating a short sale. But she still is in denial ...
Denial is your worst enemy
I have a friend who picks houses up from people in distress, he asks them the following question: on a scale from 0 to 10 how do you judge your motivation to sell? when they reply anything below a 10, he replies... call me when you are a 10
that means call me when you're desperate...
I really hope that I can catch people before they turn into a 10
Our goal is to HELP not to take advantage... but some people still think they'll solve it... an they won't..
too bad

Another week starts

Another week starts
Hey guys I was going to journal, showing how we do things around here.
This is going to be a hectic week. We need to prepare a home for next weekend Quick Close Sale and we need to get 3 closings done. On one we finally have the approval from the 1st Mortgage Holder, we already had an approval from the second Mortgage Holder so you would think we're good to go right? Well no, the approval from the second was valid 30 days and it took the first more than that to make up his mind. So we need to chase that second.
Then we have a closing planned for the 17th and we don't have the money in escrow yet. I spoke with the Mortgage broker and buyer on Saturday and the both assured me that all would be okay. Well I don't think so, I need to chase this as they don't even have an appraisal done.
On the 3rd house I have an approval of the first Mortgage Holder but the second has been a nightmare. We have a contract for sale to close on the 15th and desperately need that agreement from the second. If not foreclosure is set for the 21st...
Those are this weeks priorities.
I'll keep you posted